POSTED JANUARY 6, 2017
Coordinating Producer, STEM Student Reporting Labs
PBS NewsHour Student Reporting Labs is looking for a
Coordinating Producer to oversee video content for Labs that are part
of a STEM journalism initiative. You will coordinate with teachers,
students, researchers and other public media stations to implement
curriculum and produce broadcast-quality content. If you have an
understanding of STEM subjects and a passion for teaching journalism, we
want to hear from you.
As our Coordinating Producer, you will:
- Manage the workflow of 30 classroom programs around the county (travel is required).
- Teach students how to identify, write and produce a story.
- Use your network to identify inspiring and diverse STEM practitioners to mentor students.
- Ensure a positive experience, growth and success in the program.
- Experience producing science journalism video stories.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and still meet deadlines.
- Ability to work closely and collaboratively with colleagues.
- A passion for science learning, journalism, education and public broadcasting.
- Exceptional news judgement and first-rate script-writing/storytelling skills.
What we offer:
- Competitive and comprehensive benefits package
- 403(b)/Roth and outstanding company match program
- Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement and loans
For a full job description or to apply through our online application, please click here
to be directed to the careers page at WETA. To confirm that a WETA or
PBS NewsHour job posting is under recruitment, please visit our websites
for our current job postings list: www.weta.org and www.pbs.org/newshour/.
WETA is an equal employment opportunity employer.
WETA does not discriminate against employees or applications on the
basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin,
citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic
predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other
characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
Are you a dedicated and driven news producer? As a
Producer with the PBS NewsHour, you will focus on the facts, reporting
all sides of the story and help us carry on our legacy of providing
solid, reliable, and balanced reporting. You will be our point person on
Capitol Hill, developing relationships with members of Congress and
their staffs, and you’ll be working on a variety of other topics as
As our main producer on Capitol Hill, you will:
- Generate innovative story ideas
- Manage, plan and produce news and feature content for our nightly news broadcast and digital platforms
- Contribute to and support production of other online content
- Shoot Capitol Hill stories - Assignments will range from on-camera interviews to standups to b-roll.
- The ability to shoot and edit using non-linear editing programs
- Exceptional creative, verbal and writing skills
- Can work closely and collaboratively with colleagues under deadline pressure
- Master organizational, project planning, presentation and time management skills with an eye for detail
- A rich knowledge of politics and experience reporting on national politics
- A minimum 4 years of experience working in broadcast
journalism/bachelor’s degree/equivalent combination of training and
DC-NOVA, Hiring for Spring & Summer Break Youth Productions, Paid
Moonlit Wings Productions
DC/NOVA - Job Openings, Seasonal and Part-Time
Hiring Teaching Artists with a background in acting,
directing, choreography and/or stage management and production for
Spring Break (April 10-14) and Summer Camps (June - August). All
positions paid. Internships also available for college credit.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO APPLY, VISIT: moonlitwings.org/jobs
401 East Pratt Street, 14th Floor | Baltimore, MD 21202